PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tas Air in trouble AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2011, 13:44
PLovett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Rotor-Lift has bought Tasair I don't think it is for any public handouts; fanning is right when he says Giddings is against them; and there just isn't the spare cash for it. However, Tasair did get a loan last year and I would be highly surprised if it has been repaid. What has happened to that in any sale may make interesting reading.

I believe Rotor-Lift is pursuing more opportunities in the state and the aero-med contract (fixed wing) would make a nice supplement as well as the police contract (rotary wing), the latter hasn't been announced as yet but I would be very surprised if Rotor-Lift didn't get it.

While Rotor-Lift also operates fixed wing their expertise is rotary so the acquisition of Tasair would supplement their operation. They would certainly need that expertise if they are going to pursue RPT. The two intra-state RPT operators both found themselves on a steep learning curve when they moved to turbine operation and it would be senseless for Rotor-Lift to reinvent the wheel in that area.

However, if the sale is true and the rumour of more aircraft and extending the RPT service is valid then certainly it will be interesting times ahead.