PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to Salerno, Costa d'Amalfi Airport recently?
Old 10th Aug 2011, 08:56
RPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I arranged to land there via eMail, can't remeber where the address came from. I would have rung them and asked initialy. I sent a PPR request detail dates, what I was doing and details of pasengers and aircraft. Recieved confirmation back that AVGAS was available and OK to Land.

On the day we landed with no issues, nice man came out to show us where to park etc. AVGAS was available fromn the aeroclub on site, there was some lunch time issues and we had to wait a bit, cost was 2.70 euros.

Parked as instructed and then found a jobs-worth waiting to inspect all documents. Other people flying on a later day did not have to endure this process. Once this was completed we were driven round to the terminal and shown how to get back in when we return. Seem to think we needed my pilots license to gain entry.

We took a taxi into town.

Handling and parking for two days was 17.56 euros. Once we paid we were driven back round to the other side of the field and went on our way. I filed flight plans online so did not have to use them.

Two or three of us landed there over a few days to refuel and fly on to Greece. None of us had any issues other than our jobs-worth which took 30 minutes to copy insurance and all the license documents.

Hope this helps