PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford - Anyone trained there recently and got a job?
Old 17th Oct 2002, 11:59
Biscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all your comments. Especially yours featherman, always nice to be told want you want to hear!! Sill five months to go before starting the course so all advise is much appreciated when deciding on the FTO.

I hope the airlines are not just going to take people from OAT, Cabair and Jerez. I think spending 60+ k attaining an integrated ATPL at any school is a scary move. The figures simply don't work well when you take a pilot's salary into account. I, just like most on this forum, would love to fly an airliner and have had a burning desire to do so ever since I was kid. It's a passion and sort of bug that never goes and it's on your mind all the time (for me anyway). Being severely in debt is no joke and could make life unbearable if it got out of control. Ignoring these facts to make a dream come true is not wise. Living the dream may not be quite so nice with effectively no salary each month after loan repayments. No decent flat. No car. No beer money. No money to take the ladies out. No nothing, just loan repayments. I don't think this should be ignored this just because you'd be flying as a job. Although I am as guilty as anyone for wanting it all now!

My first pprune rant!