PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forlorn Spitfire sits wasting at Point Cook
Old 17th Oct 2002, 11:51
Centaurus

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks for replies everyone. Certainly I have no criticism of the fine job done by volunteers at the RAAF Museum at Point Cook. In fact I was responsible for the discovery of one of the exhibits there. My point was not about local politics of which I could not care less - but only a tear or two about that poor Spitfire which as at a mere three days ago was still blocked down out in the open. I too would be happy to see it hangared asap lest the pigeons cover it with droppings as they have done to a red coloured Tiger Moth which has reposed in the aero club hangar for several years.

The Spitfire concerned was never intended to fly. It is a wonderful static exhibit. If its going to be stuck out in the cold for whatever political or financial reasons, well at least room should be found for it where visitors can see the bloody thing - preferably close to the RAAF Museum - maybe sheltered under the wing of the Bristol Freighter.

Can anyone tell me how to contact the owner of the Spitfire because no one at Point Cook seems to know.