PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - July Pilot Mag P2006 Article
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 23:53
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I miss Today's Pilot very much. I thought it had a really good new products section with interesting upcoming designs and even concepts. It also had good photography and was squarely aimed at the private pilot and not constantly flirting with wanna-be commercial pilots and military jocks. I also liked the layout and the design of it. It felt classy. The two remaining ones are rather disappointing. I can't remember which one it is that always dedicates page after page to the future airline pilot and training - which does not interest me at all as a private pilot. One of them has such bad quality control that one can frequently find large photos and sometimes even covers that are hideously pixellated - as if they'd just scoured the internet for some photos to accompany an article. And as mentioned, many of the test articles are either bought on the cheap from other magazines, or tests in the loosest possible sense. I also would like to personally read more about real adventures - crazy people flying across the world in homebuilts, or crossing vast areas in old planes etc. Le Toquet trip reports can get a bit tedious after the 31st time.. I digress.

The Tecnam looks like a great little airplane and I think and hope it will do really well. I'd love to own one myself - twin flying, high wing, cheap to run - ticks all my boxes. Next time I'm in England I think I'll try to book a little test flight at Wycombe.