PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If Carlsberg made a flying Club
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 22:47
billiboing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys (and girls)

I will be trying to incorporate most of your responses;

In the last two months I have managed to do the following;

With regard to aircraft selection, yes a more aerobatic would be nice, but it has to be commercially viable. With two Cessna 150s, one an aerobat and one non, the idea is that the aerobat could do either PPL training or hairybatics, We have also now got a PA28, two PA38s as well as the Slingsbys.

I have ordered a new coffee machine!

I am organising a dawn patrol with a return patrol to a couple of local airfields,
the instructors I have now are all 15000 hour plus and examiners as well,
I have put new carpet in the clubhouse and repainted the walls, am building a flight sim using an old fuselage for winter rainy days (only ms flight sim and a 50" screen), I am organising an online flight booking system, and HAVE REDUCED THE HIRE RATES, I have also banned any upfront payments, got a credit card machine, have registered with three trial flight organisations to get a steady flow of trial flights and hopefully new members, we have installed wifi for members, and got a computer for flight planning and met with a printer ready to go in.

We have got FREE sweatshirts for the members ( donation to charity), and have got lifejackets, liferaft and an ELT for members to hire. We have also got some Airaware GPSs for the club aircraft. I have also added a ADF to one of the Tomahawks and PA28s.

Just need to find some weekend instructors if anyone knows of any good ones then please PM me. I will let all know how it goes. There is more of your suggestions to incorporate yet. I dont control the catering on site so cant do much on that front but have installed a snack bar of chocolate and crisps etc etc.

And finally- we managed a £12.00 profit last month!!!!!- Pity was I went out down the pub to celebrate and spent £30!. Hey ho!

Thanks again guys- any more suggestions really welcome.