PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - [N]PPL(M) --> NPPL(SSEA) Training gap analysis
Old 9th Aug 2011, 20:33
mrmum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those points of potential deficiencies are quite interesting and I hadn't considered some of them. I personally have no microlight experience at all, so it's useful to have someone with time on both to list the potential areas of weakness. I hadn't thought that microlights didn't have carb heat or mixture, what do they commonly have? Heated carb's/fuel injection?
I had thought that the requirement to only do the Aircraft(General) & PoF, was a little lax and was intending/expecting to have to spend time on perf. & planning, navigation and possibly aviation law, as I think I recall you saying in another thread there are some differences in law for microlights and SEP/SSEA.
I am wary of the potential problem with reverse control movements, my guy did his NPPL on weight-shift about 4 years ago, has about 60-70 hours TT, with the last 6 or so on 3-axis, but nothing for a couple of years. Any thoughts on whether this is likely to be an issue?