PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF to support Met Police operations?
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 19:12
jamesdevice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"That would be illegal."
And we're supposed to believe that makes a difference? Theres enough evidence to indicate that all UK texts and e-mails are routinely screened

"Tell me, I wonder what would happen if someone just threw away their phone and denied having it at the time?"
Thats what anyone with half a brain would do. However there is no indication these people are that well endowed..... Of course if the phone evidence was also matched by video / photo evidence...
I suspect ( I don't know) that the phone evidence alone wouldn't be enough to prosecute. You'd need some other kind of confirmatory evidence either image or witness statement

Interesting that reports are now appearing of threats to harm Blackberry employees if the company releases its records to the police
BlackBerry blog hacked with pro-riot warning to RIM - Security Watchdog - a blog from V3.co.uk
however the police are on the trail already
Mobile operators hold key data to help catch London rioters - IT News from V3.co.uk

Theres a page (for the media only) relating to their photos of suspects, and links to the first batch of photos here
Untitled Document