PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any point in selling ATPL study materials on Ebay?
Old 9th Aug 2011, 18:25
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Maybe depends upon what you do for a living IO540 - I have similar hours to you and refer to these notes fairly regularly.

On the other hand, my life includes teaching both flying and engineering (ATPL notes are bloody useful for some engineering material strangely enough), and I'm an born-and-bred boffin who is in love with knowledge and what I can do with it.

I certainly don't dispute on the other hand that a lot of the material is padding and cobblers, whilst at the same time there are things which really should be in there and aren't. I'd say the same of most other qualifications I've ever done - compared to for example my PGCert in teaching and learning that I had to do as a university lecturer, the ATPL is a paragon of directed and appropriate learning.

But I would be incredibly reluctant to lose any of these notes - the times I find I need to go and check something I did on one of my degrees, a martial arts course, even my microlight PPL groundschool are too common to risk it. Bookshelf space is cheap, and the internet isn't the answer to all problems.

I recently cribbed bits of the On-track flight instructors manual to create my own notes for a Jiu Jitsu instructors course I was running! Amazing the more I learn, the more it's all the same!

G