PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Australia Certificate II in Flight Operations (Cabin Crew)
Old 9th Aug 2011, 13:51
Between the stars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a job thanks to Aviation Australia

Hello,

I am not going to say that you can't get a job without the course but for me that was why I got the job in the end.

I graduated from Aviation Australia nearly 2 years ago now. I went through 3 assesment days and finally got a job as a flight attendant and I am loving it so much that I don't regret one dollar I spent for my Certificate II.

Airlines do look for specific things. Working at Hungry Jacks and McDonalds is definitely a plus. They regard it as if you understand what working in a team means and also they like the training they offer. However, there are so many of other things they are looking for. At Aviation Australia , they prepare to interviews and are really close to the reality. Everytime, I went to interviews, I already knew almost every questions I was been asked. The questions I have never been asked made sense though and it was easier to turn them around to get a right answer. Aviation Australia doesn't give you answers to those questions but they coach you on what it is been looked for in each questions. You have to make your own answers, and you will be corrected where you are not answering properly to the question. You will be the one making your answers but.

At the interview with the airline I am working for now, it was easier to feel myself as I didn't have to stress to much about how the interview was going to happen. I got a call for a second interview. We were 2 candidates to be called back for only one position in our base. The other candidate was a supervisor for a check-in company and I thought I wouldn't have a chance against her. At the end of my second interview, they asked me how I would go doing ground-school and I proudly replied that I already did very well at Aviation Australia and I was sure I would do the same at their ground school. A few weeks later, I was the one receiving an invitation for Ground School.

Also, Aviation Australia gives you all the aviation vocabulary and train you on things you will never forget. Every time you will go through a ground school, it will be easier. Ground Schools are really stressful and very concentrated. I was so pleased that I was already familiarised with most of it. Of course, I still had to learn some differences, but it was a lot easier. Don't forget that being accepted to go to ground school is one thing, but passing it is another. We were 10 at the begining and only 7 to finish...

I know a lot of flight attendants who got jobs without having the certificate II and they all had something that could attract airlines... I didn't have the work experience the airlines were after but the certificate surely gave me in two months the years of customer service experience I didn't have...

The main thing for interviews is smiling !!! It is really hard to smile when you are terrified of not getting what you want the most... If you are already familiar with the aviation world, it surely takes some stress off your face and help you smile...

It worked for me... Others probably didn't need it... But I probably wouldn't have got the job without it, so it is up to you to make your choice !

Also, Aviation Australia will show you what the possibilities are, what the job is and you will know more than ever if it is really what you feel like becoming... And Aviation Australia is always here for you after the training... You also will have new friends who are looking for work as well and it so much easier when you have friends doing it with you. At Aviation Australia, they always give you time or help with your job search, for as long as you need them... The job isn't guaranteed but serious graduates will never feel alone when looking for a job !

We were about 18 doing the course. 2 of us were overseas students and I don't know what they are doing now. 1 of us is ill. 2 or 3 realised that it wasn't for them... some others didn't hang in job search for long enough and 8 of us got a job as a flight attendant... If you know from deep in your heart that flight attendant is the only thing you want to do, there is no reason why you wouldn't become one. Just keep in mind, that the training doesn't give you the job, it only helps getting it if it is what you really want to do...

I hope this would give you answers about what if feels like to be a graduate from Aviation Australia.

Last edited by Between the stars; 9th Aug 2011 at 14:08.