PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 08:59
barney31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX-330

Dan buster this is not very nice we are trying the best to improve our english and you are make fun of us. if you have the problem with our english not good as yours then post some were else please!!!
Dude, I do not think he does have problem with your English. Obviously he is able to write coherent sentences and use the correct spelling, but the point I think he is trying to make is that the universal language in aviation is english. Now, you might not have to speak and write english from Oxford, but on a CX flight-deck where crew-members come from different native backgrounds, it is imperative that everyone completely understands what the hell he or she is supposed to do! Whether it is calculating the fuel-burn, reading the MEL or tuning the Navaids, all actions need to be backed up by verbal and sometimes written communication to show that you understand what is expected from you and what you are about to do. It is already hard to deal with the different ATC-dialects, so if you can not even communicate properly to your own crew, you are asking to be the next "dissapearing blip" on the radar.

To turn it around, how would you like it if you were the skipper and I would be in the RHS just turning knobs and switches at random intervals? If I would then proceed to speak Swahili or some Sichuan dialect, I am sure you would not tolerate that.

CX-330, I really hope you catch the drift. I believe you when you are saying you are dedicated and committed to get into the CPP. Really I do. However, your level of written english is way under the mark. While you are entitled to make any submission on an forum like this, be aware that if you have used in the same "style" in your application sent to CX, you probably have to wait for quite a while to get an interview, my friend.