PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Planning Software
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2011, 08:28
maehhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi JJ, you are right there is a lack of utile reports about flitestar here on pprune and apparently in the whole www!

I plan most of my flights (VFR) with Flitestar... I took me some time but now I can say I do like it.

You tell Flitestar your preferences (cruise setting, altitude, and so on...) and your aircraft data (typing all the numbers out of your manual is really a stupid work, your lucky if your aircraft model already exists...).

Then Flitestar does basicly everthing for you e.g weather briefing, W&B, flightplan, fuel calculation, cost report and of course your flightlog. If you have Jeppview it does integrate the approach plates too (I don't).

Flitestar plans the Route with a RouteWizzard via VORs, Airfields, NDBs or whatever you wish. A second way is to plan your route manually by clicking waypoints on the map.

The integrated JeppWX is quite handy and shown on the map (if you want to).

The Software is certainly pretty capable but its design is sometimes complicated or at least not very intuitive... I needed the manual a lot.

On the other hand I have never tried cheaper alternatives so I unfortunately cannot compare them to Flitestar!

cheers
maehhh