PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia Stage II
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2002, 09:46
Cambo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, not as many as 300, maybe sub 200ish? only takes 25 minutes.

"Don't take too long on any one question and don't pick the middle answer too often, perhaps only once every 4" said the HR wumin. Unfortunately I found I had to pick the middle answer quite a lot because, although i can't think of a good example right now, i felt that in many of the questions i was neither one extreme or the other, and there are anly three possible answers. The only one that sticks out in my mind is-

'You find yourself elected to office a)regularly b) sometimes c) not at all'

Elected to office? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh? I Picked the middle one there too cos I didn't have a scooby! I think I took too long on a lot of the questions, maybe thought about them too much, so perhaps you should actually fire through them instead? I doubt they'll be looking for someone indecisive and i'm afraid that'll be what i seem like, even though in normal day to day life i'm not.

It was the first thing like this that i've been to in my puff, but having friends that have got jobs with BAE, BNFL, Airbus etc... I know that most places you go these days (big companies anyway) for flying or anything else, will involve group discussions and stuff like that. All my mates said that when they went for their respective jobs they just acted as normal and didn't worry too much about being watched. Seemed to work for them. Seemingly HR people can tell if someone is puting on a 'look at me! look at me! I'm well in charge here' type of act.

Good luck to you guys, I hope that i'll be seeing you in 3 weeks time!

C

ps I was guessing that they're looking at 48 people, 8 per group over 6 sessions (the two groups yesterday were both 8), so it'd be reasonable to assume thy'll be calling back 12, then taking the best half. I forgot to ask how many'd be going through.