PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 8th Aug 2011, 21:31
Rocket_Science

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question (or two) for PCS Negotiators

Why are you falling for managements stalling tactics? Why has notice not yet been given to NATS of intention to ballot members on industrial action? At my unit, I can tell you the will to fight is definitely there. Yes, NATS say they cannot negotiate" with a gun to their head" but they're the one's who put the bullets in the gun with their insulting and divisive offer. I for one would be more than happy to see my union negotiate with NATS from such a position of strength. It will certainly focus a few minds!

I also hope there is no truth in the rumour that NATS cannot offer more because Prospect ATCOs were told there is no more money. Sorry NATS, that is a rod you have made for your own back! But incredibly (I believe) PCS seem to have bought the idea that we have to "sell" more of our T&Cs to fund any further offer. Do you not think we have been insulted enough already?

Please, PLEASE don't make the same mistake as Prospect ATSS and weaken our position by recommending a piddly little token increase of an offer and say this is best you're going to get. It will only demonstrate what can be achieved when the "gun" is not held to the head. And no, I'm not after as much as we can get. I just don't want a pay cut, just a fair RPI deal.

Surely, if we do not stand firm now then more of our T&Cs will be used to fund future pay rises (and not necessarily for PCS grades).