PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2011, 21:21
gomets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I realize this thread has taken many twists and turns.......

It seems that the morale at ANA has taken a turn for the worse...

---I'm trying to understand the "new" commuting contract... It sounds like they have given two extra days off to commute, but you now have to show up for duty atleast a day early? Is that correct? For someone coming from the USA (east coast) does that have much of an effect on the "normal" commute? I'd assume that getting there a day early would be the norm anyways?? If I ever pulled the trigger and got hired I'd contemplate a Seattle commute, how many days could I expect to be home with the commute and all.....

--Also, for those that have accepted the job, especially if furloughed with no other options in this job climate... How is the being away from wife and kid for 3 weeks at a time? I know different strokes for different folks, but for me I think I'd be excited for the new job with international destinations, new a/c etc...But I'd be afraid that as the first or second year went by I'd be more and more disgruntled at the time away...anyone having any hard times accepting that with no other job prospects, the time away may be the norm for a very long time?

--How's the hiring prospects at ANA? Are they hurting for applicants still? Any rumors of downsizing at all? Besides the online app. I have very easy access to drop by Honolulu to persoanlly drop of my stuff. I'd hope this would be a good thing and increase any chance to get hired??

--Finally, training...Is family still able to come out atleast once? Or more....the 6 months of training is probably one of my biggest fears of being away unless the family can visit once or twice..

Thanks,

I realize alot of this is covered somewhere in this thread, but it's been awhile since any posts....