PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 8th Aug 2011, 20:18
rotorspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AnFI

Ok well you responded to all the points I didn't ask you to. Some odd answers, again though, to which I comment: (1) Poor vis generally develops progressively, you rarely just hit a white out. (2) When I said people shouldn't be flying, I meant they should not be given a licence to fly. (3) I don't think you'll find many people climb into IMC, they tend to stumble into it more or less ahead of them. Apart from which, the driving principle is the same - maintain visual reference with the ground/road/kerb. And in the air you'll usually achieve that by going down, not up. (4) And I've just agreed with Crab with his answer in his most recent post, 128, not the one you strangely quote from his much earlier post 103.

But you've still not really answered the one the question I did ask you, about your background? We are interested to know, so could we now have an answer to that please? Very general of course. And tell us a bit more about your own practical experience. About how many hours (very approx) might you have flown in poor VMC - when for example the cloud base has been less than say 700ft and vis less than, well, 3000m?