PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash near Bude, Cornwall: 24th July 2011
Old 8th Aug 2011, 19:48
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d3 - 'simples'

D3: yup it is 'simples' - for those who do get it...

yes the French rule is quite good - 60kts = 100ft/sec (so 30kts = 50fps) - its good to look at distance in terms of time..

The half way between cloud and ground it 'quite good' with 2 qualifiers...
1 Determining where the cloud is is not always clear to all pilots - especially when the clouds have no contrast to the poor vis
2 Visual references is not only about clouds - and indestinct sea may be equally inadequate (or snow, sand, inadequate surface illumination at night etc..)

rotorspeed -
Can you see the ground clearly? And if not, do something about it so you can, such as turn or descend.
You are wrong. TOO LATE !- You don't want to be getting as far as the "if not" part.
Your advice is dangerous - and people die that way...
Frankly if you can't grasp that you shouldn't be flying.
They are flying ... what do you think we should do about that ? Just let Darwin sort out these people who deserve to die? (fine carry on without me then!) People deserve to live.

Or driving on the roads in wet, misty or foggy conditions that reduce visibility and present similar challenges in terms of maintaining adequate visual reference.
Yes - exactly - but with a third dimension into which people climb and die ...

And looks like Crab agrees with me, too.
a) You agree with someone who does not know how to solve the problem..
Sadly, I don't have an answer to the problem so regarding it as a Darwinian selection process seems fair.
You agree with that?.... great, your choice, your life....
b) Crab is an IMC pilot ... (of a stabilised, autopiloted A/C)
c) has very limited experience (with negative success) of civil instruction.
d) Has military self confidence in his military background... believes that civilians cannot possibly know what they are talking about ... etc.

As for the background bit - I am just a guy who is trying to help - with enough experience to know - but I really don't want to get personal about it ... if I can help I will but I'm not here to talk about my size in the shower ... I certainly don't have the confidence Crab has ... but I do have (much) more experience in this field.... Its not about who's saying it its about whether the ideas 'stack up' - the general view here is that my ideas do not ... so fine ... carry on without me - my conscience is clear that I have tried.....