PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do I go from here?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 05:13
Bluejay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi The 13 Year Old Kid,

First of all I would like to say that I know how you feel, my Dad is a retired pilot and from as far back as I can remember I wanted to be a pilot in the RAF, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control (medical) I was unable to fulfill that particular dream.

However I would definitly look at joining the Air Training Corps (www.air-cadets.org) which you can join at the age of 13 and stay until 22.

I was a cadet myself (CCF(RAF)) before uni and had the time of my life, I am now involved with the ATC as an adult member of staff (Adult Warrant Officer) and I still love it the opportunities for you guys are outstanding what with flying (takes priority 1 over all else), shooting, sports, gliding, camps etc, etc, etc.

Yes we do do alot of Drill and things like that and most cadets really enjoy it. Especially if your Squadron is involved in a local parade.

Anyway best of luck in all you do, if you want more info on the corps or the CCF (if you go to a school that has one) then drop me a line, also check out the website that I mentioned earlier it is very good and on the links page you may even find your local squadron (go to Registered ACO Sites)

Again best of luck

Bluejay