PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do I go from here?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2001, 22:44
KD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All depends on what you want to go into . I knew from the age of 10 I wanted to be a pilot , but to tell the Careers Officer that only made him laugh and say " So does everyone else mate .

Wanted to be an airline pilot, ended up in the RAF flying fast things . Love it .

I won`t get into the " Do this it`s great , or leave this it`s rubbish" Far too much of that goes on and it`s too confusing.

For me I joined Air Cadets . Didn`t like it at first because all the nerdy people from school that me and my mates picked on (shamed to say it ! ) were the corporals that made me clean the toilets !! But it`s a great opportunity to meet loads of people and do things you`d never get to otherwise.

Joined the UAS also . Great fun . Again opportunities up the ying yang .

Spend the time you have doing what makes you happy. Don`t do it because you think it`ll be good for a career. Made that mistake by picking Physics at uni and not something I enjoyed.

Fraid I don`t know much about the civvie side .

Good luck on whatever you do . I wish you the best . Finally never put all your eggs in one basket . If i didn`t make it as a pilot , I had no back up plan . Very Risky. Have other options !