PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPEN SKIES - bullshit! Australian Industry protected from cheap imports?
Old 8th Aug 2011, 03:42
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The comments about the poor quality of the product may be justified and if they are, some of the blame can be sheeted home to overseas outsourcing without appropriate quality control. If the supply was sourced from within Australia, there are many ways that the product can be improved despite airline management.

On thinking about the subject I suspect what has happened is that for many years, in one large airline at least, the management thought that they were running the show but they weren't. Certainly in the large airline that most of my career was in, the employees and the unions ran it (well) through a complex web of personal and professional relationships which just bypassed the managers. From that we achieved a good product despite some real rubbish instructions from on high. When all the services were outsourced the managers actually had to manage and they weren't and aren't up to it.

To save this industry, the first stage is to get as much as possible back into Australia. When we have achieved that, the next stage is to sort out the management mess.

The only way to get the work back in Australia is via the process of my earlier post. But for that to work every group in the industry will have to pull together.Up to now that has proved impossible because of lack of trust and the divide and conquer of the employers.

Wunwing

Last edited by Wunwing; 8th Aug 2011 at 21:19.