View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2011, 01:33
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code:
It is not A vs B but PF vs PNF  

Thank you 
You nail it very well (incompetency)
Some may ask how this pilot (PF) obtained his license and if any test flights (and in what conditions) has been performed for verify if he was able to replace and take duties of a captain ...
That's all for the human side
Now we can concentrate on other matters .. if any
I think the captain could have flown out of this situation with attitude and cruise power for their weight and altitude. 2 degrees nose up and about 80% N1 would be a starting point. Leaving the 2900 hr pilot in charge was probably their procedure even though the Left seat guy had a lot more experience.

The PNF should have taken over when the RS pilot panicked and pulled up but didn't. When I was flying 8 years ago this would have never happened. We could all hand fly at any altitude it didn't matter if the FO or Captain flew.

Now we train systems managers to fly a computer so things are a lot different. I loved the way it was when pilots could physically fly the airplane. My airline still has only old school capable pilots not needing a keyboard to fly. 90% of my flying is with a competent crew with us.