PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2011, 23:03
JJFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not A vs B but PF vs PNF

The chronology below clearly shows that the crash has nothing to do with the pitots tubes, nor the stall warning, nor the sidestick : the LS and the Capt. were fully aware of the stall and of the solution to the stall. It is prooved by the fact that only 21s after the pilot in the RS took control of the plane, the pilot in the LS was urging him to go down and was asking for the Captain because of the RS attitude.

Untill the end, the LS and the captain tell the RS to go down and keep the wing horizontal.

But the RS' brain was unable to do it, even when he said that he will obey and go down !

In fact, the chronology shows a real fight between two pilots, the "devil" in the right seat (RS) and the "good" in the leftseat.(LS)

The crash occurs because the LS could never took the priority over the RS. When he did, either the RS re taked immediatily the control either there were dual inputs !

Had the RS or the Captain a solution to stop the RS for giving inputs ?

It seems that a "knock down" would have been the right solution.

But, how can the designer or the AF management predict in which seat is the good or the bad ?

IMO, there is NO solution to the case in a commercial plane if a pilot don't obey to the Captain.

Even in an Army, a martial Court is necessary to decide this kind of debate.

And NOBODY can predict if the Capt or the copilot is the devil.

I really think this crash has nothing to do with A vs B or AF vs any other flagship.

____________________________________________________________ ___

In the following:
· LS using the Captain sideslick: left seat is PNF except if he is mentioned as PF
· RS using the copilot sideslick: right seat is the PF except if he is mentioned as NF
2 h 10 min 06 The flight control law changes from normal to alternate. RS : “I have the controls”
2 h 10 min 25: Wing anti-ice
2 h 10 min 26: The FD 1 and 2 become available again (HDG and V/S modes).
2 h 10 min 27 to 2 h 10 min 31 : LS “Watch your speed Watch your speed” RS “Okay, okay okay I’m going back down” LS “Stabilise” RS “Yeah Go back down”
[Only 21 s after RS took the control, the LS understood that the RS is not flying properly BUT has to wait for the Capt.]
2 h 10 min 49: LS “(…) where is he er?”
2 h 10 min 51: SV : “Stall, stall” + cricket continuously
2 h 11: LS “Above all try to touch the lateral controls as little as possible eh”
2 h 11 min 06 : LS : “(…) is he coming or not?”
2 h 11 min 32 (…) I don’t have control of the airplane any more now I don’t have control of the airplane at all
2 h 11 min 38 : LS “Controls to the left”
[ 1 mn and 32s after RS took control, LS takes control, BUT only for 2 s because the RS re takes control without announcement : a huge fault !]
2 h 11 min 40 : RS takes over the controls. The RS sidestick is positioned:- left in stop position - nose-up to two thirds of the stop position.
2 h 11 min 43: Capt “Er what are you (doing)?” LS “What’s happening? I don’t know I don’t know what’s happening”
[ The RS has been flying like a fool for 1mn and 37s BUT the LS doesn’t dare to tell to the Capt. that the problem is actually the RS]
2 h 11 min 45 : End of “Stall, stall” warning + cricket
2 h 12 min 04 2 h 12 min 07 : The airbrakes are controlled and deployed.
2 h 12 min 07 : LS “No above all don’t extend (the) “
2 h 12 min 17: SV : “Priority right”
[ It looks like the RS and the LS were fighting for the control, unfortunately the RS took the priority]
2 h 12 min 19 : Capt “The wings to flat - horizon the standby - horizon -The horizon (second)”
2 h 12 min 27: LS “You’re climbing” SV : “Stall, stall”
2 h 12 min 30: RS “Am I going down now?” LS “Go down”
2 h 12 min 32 : Capt :”No you climb there”
2 h 12 min 33: I’m climbing okay so we’re going down
2 h 12 min 45 : RS “On alti what do we have?”- LS “What do you mean on altitude?” – RS “Yeah yeah yeah I’m going down, no?” – LS “You’re going down yes” Capt. “Hey you’re in … get the wings horizontal Get the wings horizontal”
2 h 12 min 59: Capt “The rudder bar”
At 2 h 13 min 23: SV : “Dual input”
[ From now, a series of dual input shows that the fight between the two PF is going on until the end with the Capt. Giving (good) advices]
2 h 13 min 25: RS : “What is… how come we’re continuing to go right down now?”
2 h 13 min 38: Capt : “Careful with the rudder bar there”
2 h 13 min 41 : SV : “Dual input”
2 h 13 min 43 : SV : “Dual input”
2 h 13 min 45 : SV : “Dual input”
2 h 13 min 47 : SV : “Dual input”
2 h 13 min 40 RS: “But I’ve been at maxi nose-up for a while” – Capt “No no no don’t climb” – LS “So go down”
2 h 13 min 45 LS : “So give me the controls the controls to me” RS : “Go ahead you have the controls we are still in TOGA eh”
2 h 14 min 05 Capt “Watch out you’re pitching up there” LS “I’m pitching up?” RS “Well we need to we are at four thousand feet”
2 h 14 min 21: The RS seat takes over the controls.
2 h 14 min 26 : The LS sidestick is positioned nose-down and right. The RS sidestick is in stop position nose-up and around neutral in lateral.
2 h 14 min 28,4: End of recordings