PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2011, 22:54
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
Other than the test-flight at Toulouse, two Sri Lankan A330s were shot up at Colombo airport, a Malaysian A330 was written off by a chemical spill, and the loss of AF447 and Afriqiyah 771 makes six.
Right and thank you.
Hence, as the original poster was talking about "air transport safety related to type", and not about insurances fees, it looks to me that war actions are irrelevant (or any terrorism/criminal act), as well as cargo hazards on the ground/ maintenance issues or manufacturer test flight programs (same for the long list of supposed "major accident").

Hence, one won't refrain from increasing by 200% those (statistically) close to zero figures in order to scary as many people as possible.

The reality is that, hopefully, there was only two operational transport losses : AF447 and Afriqiyah 771, none of which, so far, revealed a potential tendency of the type to fall from the sky per dozens in the close future, while it did not also during the last 20 years.

Originally Posted by SLFinAZ
Regardless of the number of representative hull losses (which could be much worse for the 320/330) {vs 777} the reality is that its B = 0 and A = to many.
More than zero is always too many.
Concerning your proposal, why not adding all Airbus (A300 + 310 + 320 + 330 + 340 + 380) for comparing them vs. B777 exceptional service records inside the entire Boeing fleet?

I'm sure that your point will be even more telling about the danger of boarding such an Euromade flying garbage. Most of you guys, are sounding like your worst press makers each time an Airbus is lost; whatever the reason, the question of the type "safety" will be raised first, even before a single fact would be established concerning the circumstances.

Today, I don't find this obvious behavior anymore chocking but quite succesful after reading occasionnally a couple of post from here. There is no more objectivity remaining concerning such matters and our lawyers are the only one to win, everytime, at this little game.

Nonetheless, I can also predict that Airbuses accident statistics will increase in the future, until we'll run out of gas, as their share of the skies is also increasing daily. Consequently, it's everyone interest - pilots, crews and passenger - to stick more to the facts rather than pre-digested opinions.