PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2011, 21:07
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATY,

Very well said!

Hihi,

Since when is it not about the money? Are you telling me that you are joining out of principle? Not sure what world you are living in, but in the real world one usually gets what is paid for. In the case of you and your peers, CX is not paying very much and WE are not getting much in return.

Do you think existing CX pilots want to worry every time we use the lav on a long haul? Do you think we will be better off not being able to take controlled rest in the seat on the back of the clock? Do you think we relish having to tell you "not to touch anything until I get back"? Do you think you will be respected as aviators worthy of flying wide-body aircraft across oceans?

The truth is that cadets have much higher command failure rates and take many more sectors accomplishing their JFO upgrades. This is due to inexperience before they joined CX. Growing up in a Cathay Petri Dish is not the best way to become a competent aviator. There are literally hundreds of hours of nothingness for every real learning opportunity.

Some will perform well due to hard work, determination, and talent. But many will fail because there was no previous experience to weed out the weak swimmers. Cathay is not the right place for this to occur because there are commercial pressures which will force some through. Then, as ATY said, CX passengers and shareholders will be the real losers. I would add CX employees to that list since we are all stakeholders in the airline.