PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates delays
Thread: Emirates delays
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2002, 23:15
Big_Yellow_Bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does DXB ever operate both parallel runways at the same time? I have flown in and out of there a number of times and 30R is closed for maintenance while 30L used for T/O and Landings or visa versa. Whenever one is in use, the other seems to be out for maintenance. I think once I landed on 12L while 12R had traffic taking off, yet not long after I saw all traffic taking off and landing on 12R.

Does the airport have a problem that when the airport is congested, ie 10pm-2/3am with lots of landing and departing traffic? By this I mean that is there a problem when there is a stack of planes on final and aircraft have to cross a runway to get to 30R/12L for departure? Or if aircraft are using 30L/12R for departure, do aircraft have a problem crossing that runway to taxi in after landing on 30R/12L?

By reading what I wrote, I know it might sound like a load of giberish, but I am just wandering if that during times of heavy landing and departing traffic DXB ever uses one dedicated T/O runway and one dedicated for arrivals? It is common practice at other major airports, but Ive just never seen that system in opperation at DXB.

Cheers