PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2011, 20:40
SLFinAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually I think that "A vs B" is still not only a very valid question but lies at the heart of the matter.

From my perspective at this point "A" is a safer airplane in the hands of a less qualified pilot. I do not believe that "B" has any inherent advantage with a truly qualified aviator at the controls ("Skullyish")....with the caviat that even with a very seasoned pilot with an above average professional level understanding of the FBW system it is possible for him to have a "what is it doing now" moment.

The real issue is that while "A" has without a doubt single handedly pushed the envelope of what is technologically possible...they have also single handedly pushed the average pilot skill level significantly lower. Regardless of the number of representative hull losses (which could be much worse for the 320/330) {vs 777} the reality is that its B = 0 and A = to many.

What AF447 has made abundantly clear is training/CRM standards (in at least one major carrier) have degraded to a point where if the "system" can't save the plane we have no assurance the pilot will be able to. At the end of the day this crash will boil down to 100% pilot error IMO.