PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 16th Oct 2002, 22:17
SFIM

moosp,

when i first got my PPL, i ws advised by my instructor to practice every exercise in the PPL syllabus until i could do all of them to a good standard, and for the ones where it is not a good idea to do them on your own e.g. Engine off landings, and forced landings etc, to hire an instructor for 1 hour every 10-20 or so.

it worked for me I went from " any old height, any old speed" to professional pilot and high time instructor

re sloping ground, get the upslope skid on the ground stationary in the hover i.e locked and pause for a couple of seconds before you continue, keep flying it all the time, many people get one skid down and then just stop flying it and " dump" the lever

as far as instrument Flying training goes, beware of getting a night rating before your CPL, i think you have to repeat all the IF you did for it when you do your CPL, I dont think you get a credit for any IF you have done before the CPL course, which could have significant costs, as you need 10 hours IF for a night rating these days I believe.

hope this helps