PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice please - problem student
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2011, 13:03
Big_Buddha36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert Strip: I do mean outer wing - think AoA change during a climbing turn - now add a rapid updraft into that - hence my worry - dont think ive got that wrong?

Pilot Dar: dont get me wrong - it wasnt about a fractrion off perfect = take control, but it was obvious to me that the situation was continuing to worsen. I started with telling him to lower the nose & try and fly the normal climb attitude -- nose continues to rise -- lower the nose, its getting too high --- nose continues to rise - enter upwind/crosswind turn (nose rising) etc - i stopped the flight after letting this occur 3 times (3 circuits) and the reason - primarily because of his refusal to accept my advice/instruction.

After i called it time, he just let go of the controls and started at me - not agressive, but certainly a polite telling off he told me that I was barking at him, there was nothing wrong as he was maintaining the standard Vy speed and that he's not that bad and i shouldnt get involved.

Mimpe: i agree & tried - as soon as he was on downwind, it was fine - he just refused to take instruction during departure (thats what it felt like).
(Or subsequently)

Ive thought a lot about this - it could be he's since been taught to fly an airspeed on departure, not maintaining an attitude that should settle on an airspeed, nor have the same thoughts/understandings/concerns I have regarding doing this - especially when hit with an updraft. Bottom line, i was left feeling reprimanded, and that i had little idea - almost as if his return was an exercise in marking me against his current schooling, with that being correct.