PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Welshpool - how good?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2001, 04:41
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 227 Likes on 88 Posts
Pandorra - not wishing to be unkind but in this 2 aircraft incident one was piloted by a student new to an airfield, the other by an instructor at his home base... Who is more likely to have been in the wrong? And if it was me in the other aircraft I apologise for causing you distress.

The person working the air/ground radio would be totally disinterested in your wishing to lodge a formal complaint becuase she is an adminstrative deputy manager. The correct action would have been to file an ASR.

Whirly is quite correct to state that the Welshpool experience varies depending on your instructor. Like most small school faces change and some instructors are brilliant, some rubbish and most average.

The pressure to fly issue ceased when Steve Mole flew LJ into a mountain side. Prior to that it was a matter of professional judgement whether to fly and bowing to commercial pressure - whilst understandable - was still a personal poor decision.

On the matter of atmosphere again Whirly is correct. However, if you are there full time for a few weeks you will be with others on the same course, living in the same accomodation with communal kitchens and generally people have a complete ball that way and make friends they treasure for years. I certainly went for a good few nights parties in the Barn over the summer of 99 - the less said about the skinny dipping in the River the better...