PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air Circuit Training
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 22:33
skypirate2u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Susi

You are big time wrong. Years past, I did some instructing for Susi's flying circus and beleive Christain has put together about as safe of an operation that you can have in Indonesia. It isn't Oxford, E-Riddle, or UND. But by Indo standards, it's very good and non-partisan. Any time we had a local applicant in the class, we were told to do what ever we had to in order to qualify them SAFELY. Some made it and some didn't...they certainly had more chances then the expats were allowed.
Of the local that made it through the flight training, I think one or two made the upgrade and left for greener pastures. I was never aware that any one applicant was reject soley on race or creed. Well....maybe a few Canuks.

You may not like Susi...and many don't, but she and the Baron run a good operation in a very difficult area with constantly changing rules forced upon them. Pang-town and the local villages see a good bit of her money being circulated through the community due to the flight school's locale.

As well, there are no Mountain tops hosting aluminium with Susi Air logo on them.

She wouldn't be my first choice to the Prom and we don't care for each other, but she runs a good business and about as safe of an operation as you will find in Papua. Talk to the pilots that spent three or more years there before they moved on....they will probably tell you the same. thing.