PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missed Approach Climb Gradient question?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 12:19
stormyweathers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry, but I really think that banning FF was not justified at all. I read these posts, and i know that he must be very experienced and has alot to offer to this discussion. He is the reason the thread evolved to this depth. I like to keep an open mind at all times. I dont think he insulted anyone. Some peoples ego might be so high that they refuse any suggestion that they may be wrong. So you ban him because he is politically incorrect with not much finesse. I can tell that he has alot of common sense and very experienced and is quite intelligent... and you decide to ban him...

My thoughts, you have Approach Climbs requirements (1 engine inop.), you have Landing Climb requirements (all engines), both based on airport altitude. You have Missed Approach requirements which are published on the chart and based on DA or MDA. The chart might specify a gradient, and this gradient must be satisfied. My understanding is that what FF was saying is that this gradient must be MET point. If you cannot meet it because you are performing an overweight landing, or if your engine is out, or your gear is stuck down, you must find an alternate path which operations will work out for you, this alternate path might be the same as the T/O engine inop path. This is what I think FF is saying. You seemed to be all ganging up on him to tell him read this and read that, as if he is illiterate. You insulted him as much as he insulted others. BTW, please dont ban me, i meant no harm...