PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 11:03
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negative, moi?

AT, be fair, I think I wrote something mildly positive about the Pier and other upgraded terminal facilities once, mind you I think I then had a rant about it turning into a shopping mall so I guess that balances it out

BHX has got a lot going for it and yes it does have a good range of flights and carriers and the changes to the terminal facilities and infrastructure have greatly improved it IMO from the pax perspective (see, positivity!). I do however get frustrated at the one step forward two steps back situation with route development, both short and long haul. I know this is not the fault of BHX and its management but looking at the direct scheduled timetable now and comparing it to 10 years ago, there is little difference apart from increased frequencies on a number of routes, TK and a few FR routes to East Europe. This does not comapre well with other airports who have, in some cases, greatly expanded their destination offerings.

But, you are right, I should be happy for what we do have at BHX and will leave on a positive note - great news about AF changing to all A318 ops in the autumn and SK (I think?) upgrading their flights to M80's I will now go lie down in a dark room, all that positivity has quite taken it out of me......