PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadet (merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 10:48
Jumna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree with you OldChinaHand.

And please correct me if I´m wrong, but my understanding of their webpage is this €100,000 part-funded is only for the CPL/ATPL (frozen). How many flight hours will this give you?

What further concerns me is they state: "...When you have qualified from flight school you will be scheduled for the Airbus 320 type training course...."

To me, this sounds like the 100k is for the flight school training. After that I will be scheduled for the Airbus 320 Type Rating, which would appear to be another course and last time I checked cost about €35,000 for the licence (including 40 or so hours in sim & 6 touch & goes) plus a further €39,000 for 500 hours of line training.

Are Aer Lingus going to fund these courses too?

Remember, all of this for "...When qualified, you may be offered a position..."

And there are, not only as OldChinaHand has said, 100s of perfectly qualified pilots with experience currently unemployed and literally screaming for a job in an airline, but I would say 1,000s in Europe in the same position, including pilots working without pay just to get hours. It is a sorry sorry state and I´m disgusted at my national airline for chosing this route.

For those of you who are seriously considering becoming pilot, I strongly recommend speaking to a pilot who has already gone down the route of 100% funding their training themselves, and are without employment.