PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 10:42
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETOPS: No agro, I know what you mean. The CX remuneration has always been about the housing. Otherwise the cost of housing and CPI influences, cost of living in HK, etc is just not worth it long term.

I was specific to mention my base salary. If you take the CX B Scale housing into it then it of course is not comparable: few jobs are / were. That was the appeal of CX - a long term secure future with a (once) reputable airline. The money and reputation or trust just isn't there.

The per diems and housing are fixed into the contracted package and increase per year, as mentioned. The salary depends on the contract chosen regarding work schedule. The general and basic option is as I have stated. All I will say is that I get double the CX holidays. If I request to change my contract to work more, I get more, work less then of course the same result. As such and comparing to my mates' average (FO) take home salary per month, that is the figure.

My job? Not going to say. Aviation is small circle around an even smaller globe we drive about. I trust you can appreciate that. If people wish to do some research then finding this information out isn't overly difficult. Some months I fly as much 95 hours, others as little as 40 a month. Same tax free salary. Top level health insurance for myself and partner are fully covered and paid for by the airline.

C Scale is no where near a world leader for reasons other than salary alone.

So no, they are not precisly apples and apples. But having the option, which I do, between this job and CX then I am in a far better long term situation. (The Cmd thing has also been discussed previously). Give me a more financially secure future with career progression over a non CPI factored housing allowance and an airline with a disgraceful work place relations history then my choice was simple. I refuse to be part of the race to the bottom. My experience and what I went through to get it is worth more than CX can offer at present.

(It is a breath of fresh air to have a decent discussion).

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 6th Aug 2011 at 10:54.