PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 08:16
ETOPS240

CB

That's only half a story.

The C-scale salary is identical to B. Their 'housing' (HKPA) is, to all intents and purposes salary. It's treated as such, and need not go on housing.

Therefore, in the interest of embelishment, one could argue that the C-scale income is 30% higher than the B-scale. A nonsensical fact, I agree.

I'm not calling you out, but tell the full story, if you're trying to pretend that the C-scale, despite a huge loss of housing, is not still akin to the likes of FedEx, BA, KLM etc.

So, tell us what year FO you are, what your take-home is, your downroute allowances, your hourly duty pay, your overtime, what your pension contributions are, what contributions your company make, what your medical/death/loss of license coverage is, what your staff travel is like, who it covers, how much leave you get, how many days a month you work, etc. and lastly, who it is with.

These are what tell the whole story, no?

I sincerely hope it's world-leading. I mean that. My point being that you have never disclosed your employer, or your terms, but frequently bashed the C-scale, despite the fact that if you go through the above criteria, you will still find the C-scale being one of the top few deals in the world, which are non-'national only' airlines (eg Air France).