PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2011, 00:34
Alber Ratman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takana, thank you for your views in regards to you native understanding of the CVR Transcript. You have (as the English quotation puts it) hit the nail on the head. Regardless of faults in the design philosophy of the aircraft (and the BEA have hinted them in their recomendations as well as AD's that EASA have introduced since), a servicable aircraft seems to have been lost with all souls due to a massive failure of CRM IMHO. While I will not take the view that the flight crew were not totally professional (because I did not know them and cannot comment as such), I would wager most Captains in such a situation would be have been more self preserving that what the CVR transcript leads to have been the actions of Captain Dubois in not taking control, especially when the PF was unsure of his actions. He did have the time (and height) to do so. Air France may continue to defend their crews most vigiously and that is only to be expected and conmmended as an employer. However the accountants heading the company must realise that AF's standing in the world is only upheld if they are fully free to ensuring every facet that caused AF447 to smash into the ocean is investigated, independantly reviewed and actions taken to prevent such events ever occuring in this manner again, to anybody.