PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Border Security program and SYD International.
Old 5th Aug 2011, 14:36
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Border Security program and SYD International.

Another report so worth listing.

Over the past few months I have had passengers miss connections when flights from overseas got in on time and they were above minimum connection times for one reason.

Border Security filming in the immigration/customs area.

Why in hell is this the case?

It seems that the good people manning the barrier are intimidated into strip searching the possibly dodgy looking 8 year old just because she looked nervously at the sniffer dog.

Not fair on the staff as they are under totally public scrutiny and the delays caused are massive with over 2 hours in one case to get through the barrier.

Do any of you good flight crew cop this?

I am totally over disruptions and failed connections for my passengers who luckily to date have been on fare types that start and end in DPO but woe betide a poor punter that has a 2nd carrier booked after their inbound international. I can't envisage them rebooking without cost.

I wonder what the network is paying for this access?

It makes us very likely to recommend an overnight in SYD or a far too long connection just in case these clowns are on deck when the clients arrive.

Like we need any more delays in the current systems.

Having Border Security in the arrivals hall at SYD is nearly as bad as Qantas' new self checkin. Don't start me on that!

Best all

EWL