PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 13:37
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An example of this kid's "eloquence" (from his first ever post):

If you think for a second that i am going to sit on my hands and wait for conditions to improve, just so you can sleep a little better at night knowing your contract is supposedly safer, then you are sadly mistaken. Go on, call me names, tell me i am a sell out - it changes nothing.
But for recently his location status was proudly written as "selling out". Owing to his pragmatic and determination to be screwed over I labelled him "whorewhore". He then changed that location status badge of honour to this new one. Classy.

all of a sudden the discussion changes tack - now it is about training standards.
(Bold and underline done by me).

So, show BUT ONE post on this thread stating that? NOWHERE have training standards been discussed. The efforts and probable plight of the training Capts, yes. But nothing else. Yet again whorewhore you make crap up to try to justify a point.

See, this kid is your classic CRM lab rat of a fixation study. He has found something that appears to fit his needs and come hell or high water he'll force all information to verify that need: rightly or wrongly, no matter what sound, experienced or detailed factual information he receives. He doesn't want to hear it. He refuses to accept it. Great attribute for a pilot?

Why should we have to pass on a job offer because you didn't have the backbone to?
I did. As did many others who have "experience" and self worth. You won't because you don't. There's your "why" answered.

As raven has said and I have in many previous posts agreed that few people have a problem with cadets as such. I for one do not. The sanctimonious and deliberate, yet ignorant and naive excuses that are thrown out are generally pitiful in the extreme. His and his like's minds were already made up the second they saw "FREE" and "shiny jet".

Senior and experienced CX pilots are speaking of contract compliance and a training ban on iCadets, all over this C-Scale issue. Words only but they are being spoken. Other experienced pilots disagree but the fact is that people are talking about such measures either for it or against. THAT'S how serious they are taking it.

Standards?? A very well put example of sporting teams was mentioned. Imagine the toys being thrown from the cot if this kid's favourite sporting team/franchise have a record breaking salary cap to purchase players with. In years gone by that salary cap was used to recruit suitable talent & experience to win grand finals. And they were. Instead they choose to recruit players with ZERO experience in the game other than "I really, really wanna play!!" Then the managers of the team pocketing the masses of money not spent on recruitment. Oh! But the coaches are great! They'll bring them up to speed! Soon the coaching staff will begin quitting. (Ooops! Already happened at CX recently when a large number resigned!)

Argue what you will about A scale to B scale. But that shift did not lower minimum recruitment standards to ZERO hours, ZERO credentials and ZERO experience, least of all an insult of a remuneration package with a housing allowance that is not factored to CPI fluctuations. Sweet justice would be if the likes of whorewhore get Cat D'd and never see that $36k a month housing allowance and are living off the min housing allowance forever. I wonder what that will be worth in 10 years time? Oooops! Never thought of that either, eh?!!

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 5th Aug 2011 at 18:21.