PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 12:48
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like it was put on August 1st by someone with an Eircom IP. It was then taken of last night at 23:50 by someone with a different Eircom IP. I've checked every morning this week to see if anything has changed on the BE booking engine, but alas not. However there was an "offer" of £24.99 one-way, leaving LDY Sept 1st and returning Sept 8th, both Thursdays. I first noticed it when there were 13 seats, which subsequently fell to 8, then 3 then the offer was finished. From looking at the percentage of reserved seats, Thursday looks like the only poor load flight and I'm sure "offers" like that would rectify this.

Flybe also beat Ryanair hands down on last minute flights, I've checked recently and a flight booked 2 days in advance is on average £120 -£140 return, whilst FR from LPL is £230+

I bet we'll see another increase in LF for July, in the region of 53-55% which would prove the route is increasing in popularity, it thus seems a waste of perseverance through the tough first months of the route to just stop it, even if it returns next year. I'll repeat that BE need to offer a number of routes at once as opposed to just one at a time, as the more they operate, the more chance they have of becoming synonymous with LDY.

I will be using the route this Monday, so will report back once I've arrived in LDY. I'll also try and take a photo of the aircraft on the apron after arrival, so at least we'll have the memory of BE at LDY on Wikipedia.