PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford Flight Centre anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2002, 11:48
David Balchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(sorry this is off the subject abit but that’s just the way it goes)

Re: London Guildhall Univ.
I am on their Distance course, and can back up most of what Mr Benn said, (not that he knows I'm posting here, he is the head of aviation studies at LGU but I've yet to meet him so don't get the wrong idea)
May I explain a couple of points;
Firstly my reasons for joining LGU Distance course:
1/ I live close by,
2/ I did my degree there (different Dept.),
But most importantly I knew that as part of a large Est. THEY DON'T GO TO THE WALL like most of the others!

Now I saw a mate who is at BGS the other day and was asked to help him to understand his notes, now compared to mine they were nicely printed on nicer paper (I have the older LGU notes)
But... what I saw didn’t impress me that much as the BGS notes were written by somebody who knew what they were talking about but had no idea how to explain it to anybody else!...very bad communication skills This may account for the reason why LGU notes are as several of you put it 'Wordy' too wordy in places for me but maybe not for others. I was able to help my friend using the BGS notes (it was a nav subject that I have yet to do myself) but only after reading thro. them several
Times and having a good laugh at the wording in the process! I think teaching is an art, a skill in it's own right.
Now don't just ask the lecturers because they always 'slag-off' each other's notes, ask to see the notes and see how long it takes to make sense out of them before you part with your money.