PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress
Thread: SunExpress
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 09:36
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No RVR, I am afraid your information is not correct.

All pilots at Sun Express are bonded, even if type rated and irrespective of nationality. Normally type rated pilots get a 2 year contract and non-typed a 3 year contract, there are other penalty clauses in the contracts as well, but this is not an issue as crew migration is very very small as Sun Express is considered thye best low cost in Turkey to work for, maybe not the best wages, but overall the best company. The Turkish pilots that did the whole ATPL training through the cadet scheme pay back monthly, this scheme has now stopped and all new pilots are on a reducing bond. The bond is 15K euro, not 30/32K.

Recruitment is on-going, some more non Turkish FOs will join soon and maybe more will be needed to replace 4 non Turkish FOs are in the upgrade process,

The company intends to stop using DLR at some point, it will be replaced with another internal testing system. Obviously, at the moment, those that were interviewed some time ago and passed DLR will be considered.

Update: Company now requires new pilots to sign a 5 year contract with Type rating costs deducted at 250 Euro a month from basic salary of 4000 euro, equates to 15000 Euro for the course

Last edited by Avenger; 9th Aug 2011 at 10:04.