PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penny pinching...
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 08:47
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple really. Ask for a boarding pass, get out of your uniform shirt and don a 'Screaming Skull T-shirt (with collar of course).

Not necessary to be on the GD unless you have to take the jump seat, in which case it's a dry sector anyway.
I think you are missing the point VR. I believe that the notice concerns the scenario of getting drug tested after a flight, in which case (under current company policy) you will be in uniform. It is not an issue of actually consuming alcohol in uniform - that is just plain common sense. They are just warning you that you will be seen as "part of the crew", so therefore you will be fair game to any testing that occurs.

So the real question should be why do we bear all the responsibility of working crew when we PX but only incur half the cost to the company? I think the AoA should be approaching the company about this recent notice demanding that we get 100% credit for PX. If we must wear a uniform, can't enjoy our in-flight meal with a beverage, then why are we at a discounted rate?

They could also solve this whole mess by letting us travel in plain clothes, just like every other friggin' company in the world when they have a need to move their employees around. You don't see an executive for Coca Cola wearing company t-shirts and logo covered hats when traveling on business.

When we PX we are traveling somewhere at the request of the company, we are not STANDBY FILL-INS. And if something happened on said flight that would require the assistance of PXing crew, shouldn't them wearing a uniform be the least of your worries?