PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Superyachts
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 07:02
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Full-cost disclosure should be standard practice for any true sales professional. In fact I generally quote 'high', usually to take into account the cost escalations which frequently occur during the oft lengthy period between initial enquiry and closure of sale. Nearly all of my final invoices come in under my initial quotes as I prefer my clients to encounter pleasant as opposed to unpleasant surprises but, that's just me.

The price I pay for giving my clients a smile on their face when they receive their final bill is that, at first glance, my services seem slightly more expensive but, when a final cost analysis is made, they often pan out to be below that of my competitors.

The Bell helicopter that came with the yacht was so unreliable that the new owner had to buy a 2nd helo ..
Surprising, as if its one thing the Bell products are known for is reliability. If however the aircraft was a yacht-borne bird then yes, the possibility of more intensive maintenance is there as a result of exposure to corrosion.

It would be great if there are any yacht helicopter pilots out there who could elaborate on the routine involved in minimising the effects of corrosion for yacht-borne aircraft. Daily fresh water washing, yes, but (at least in the 80's) there used to be a variety of corrosion-preventing sprays (one, I think, for the 206 which involved spraying something into the exhaust stack??).