PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ideas / suggestions for a twin
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 06:46
TriMedGroup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinstaafl, agree 100% on the engine monitoring, we have decided regardless of the aircraft choice that an EDM960 is going in - don't think i could go back to not knowing what the engine/s were doing in regard to temps having been exposed to all cylinder monitoring.

tail wheel the average trip is between 100-350NM with some as little as 50-60NM, and between 1 and 5 pax with an average weight including bags of 95KG pp. Strips are anything between Taggerty and Canberra sized, obviously Taggerty is out with anything much bigger than the 206!, therefore it would most likely be staying in the stable as 155Kt at under $200 an hour its pretty hard to beat for 1-2 pax.

I'm not disagreeing with what anyone has said merely engaging in debate when I say this but;

The 208 was designed around 1980? Hardly 'new' design technology - maybe not a HQ but certainly could be a WB taxi! Agree that it is a wonderful piece of equipment, don't think for a minute that i haven't done my research - I started long before this thread which began in December of last year I think.

Say going into Canberra cruising at 9000 in IMC over a segment with a 7200 Lsalt in the van and the fan stops? Is it still better than a piston twin? No doubt both are going down but what is the glide ratio of a heavy 208 V the drift down rate of descent in a heavy PA31 with one engine inoperative? Only talking about the Van here obviously in a pressurised single turbine you have a lot more options from FL180+

Jaba - any chance you could divulge any more details of said companies? via PM would be great. I have spoken to a few operators / former operators of the Van already and the feedback was that it was very hard to sell S/E turbine over a twin of any sort operated by the competition - even VFR.

Once again its not a long term investment solely for the purpose of making $$ in charter. Primary use is that of a company that has 30+ sites in different towns throughout VIC and NSW and transporting people between them, some of the operations that we conduct cannot be classified as Private hence the AOC so if we want to be less restricted in the conduct of these ops - IFR / Night then a new aircraft is required, i say again the AOC is not solely for the purpose of making money carting around the general public. I will also say again YES I KNOW ABOUT ASEPTA, by the sound of it a bit more than those who keep thinking it is a matter of sending a Form 1214 to CASA and you are right to go. Perhaps it is the way to go? Who knows, this is why we still haven't bought an aircraft! Believe me I would rather fly a Pilatus than a PA31. The problem being that the 206 has been outgrown and the PC12 is a massive leap, and perhaps overkill for a day trip to Warracknabeal. Where as a PA31 would be a lot comfier and quicker as an easy step up from the 206.

Thanks and regardless of what Aircraft type you think we should get, can someone answer my question about the VG kits and other mods in relation to MTOW's and performance??? No I'm not relying solely on an internet forum for the answers and should I find out before someone here posts anything I will let you know.

Thanks, Alistair.