PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2011, 02:58
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q3/Q4 2011 - 2012 Outlook

Ryanair Flights to Liverpool Now Bookable Double Daily Fridays, Sundays with Daily Return service on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays.

I think Q3 will see passenger numbers generally inline with Q3 2010, for Q4 i think there will be increases if only slight as EI will be offering extra flights (7 extra per week est), FR will be offering extra flights (3 extra per week), W6 will be offering extra flights (4 extra per week), the loss of Air Southwest wont reflect any difference in passenger numbers with these extra flights taken into account and i think the flights where pulled in Jan 11 until Mar 11 anyway.

So Looking at 2012 i've heard many rumours but i think the facts are increased EI flights (extra capacity following disposal of SNN-CDG) which could maybe see SXF return? (Long Shot!) or just the rest of their sun schedule increased paticularly PMI which had great loads but had a bad schedule. FR who knows they've fell out with the new Gov so anything could happen there, looks like the MoT dont see any reasonable plans for inbound growth. W6 were intrested in Prague but i think its been differed until 2012, so maybe March for a start date. I've heard rumours of BUD and VIE but i think they wont be back until were back in the black. 2012 should be promissing as i think the figure floating around (Ryanair) of 2.1m for 2011 is wrong, think either 2.2/2.3m is the expected figure. So hopefully it should be the end of the seriously bad declines since late 2008, but anything is possible this exact time last year we thought Summer 2011 looked promising, we where bailed out inbetween so fingers crossed we will get through Winter 2011/2012 on positives. It's also a shame now that there's less then a month until the 2nd FR aircraft is due to be mothballed.