PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 23:03
bearfoil

I am no stranger to simplification, so here goes. It strikes me that what is involved here is less to do with hand skills than Pilot Attitude.

To accept that manual control failed here is to accept too large a wedge of the format. In NORMAL LAW, for goodness' sake, all pilot inputs are Manual.

No, the failure appears, at this early time, to be re: PREPAREDNESS. I will wager that PF had all the drills down, the changeover down the flying down.

He was not ready, and his skills were not ACCESSIBLE. No more "When I learned.....", please. He knew, and he knew he knew.

The wheels came off, and catch up is impossible when one's talents are not available. I am weary of the Mechanicals. There is likely some interesting metallurgy and design issues here, but I think they will be found secondarily. I love to discuss design and fabrication, and I leave open the window for bent or unstowed Spoiler, or compromised Jacks and Fuel issues.

Not too much the matter there. The ship seemed fine at 2:10:05. What happened next (and is still happening, one fears), has to do with some basics, and that, as a pilot, is embarrassing.

I am afraid I have expressed my feelings to all my family. Until further notice........check your options; Air travel is a luxury, address it as such.