PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry Hiring
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 22:37
built4flying83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok looks like we got a few noses out of joint when i was saying that a very few select cathay pilots were spinning crap (not too much, but just exaggerating a fair bit) as they dont want their conditions to go down (when they did the same to the A scalers).
It took some time but they finally admit this... So then they start spinning some stuff about "but but... well the flying standards have dropped". Because they are younger and less experienced?

Yeah you probably are right there, I've got a few cadets at my airline and there is a marked difference, especially when its not CAVOK. But our cadets are at the actual controls on approach and takeoff unlike the SOs.

This statement is going to make some heads boil but this is almost a fact i reckon...there would be quite a few exceptions i accept. I can drive a car better than my 60+yr old dad.... and in fact land a plane better than most 50yr old - 60yr old captains, plus as an added bonus stay awake in the cruise.... dont start quoting provisional driver statistics and all that, you are probably right but im saying your coordination and decision making ability probably peaks in your late 30s. Not sure why im bringing this up.. maybe because yiou keep refering to 18-21 yr olds as completly useless. This is natural, I still have my dad telling me what to do (he has zero hours) on the takeoff roll when we go for our 6monthly joyflight. Where is the respect for the old fella you say? There is heaps on my part anyway, but im not going to just not mention certain topics because it might upset the old fella. In the cockpit I do what is required and respectful, but on a forum like this im going to tell it how it is.

Second officer, well i dont pretend to be an expert at this yet, but in your words we are just making beds and get to monitor the captain and fo and do a few years of sim checks until you actually get a check ride to be upgraded. . to takeoff and land the plane with pax. Then they called me an "idiot" numerous times, and then i oppose each of there points and eventuially slide a "tool" remark in. God forbid this wannabe talks like that to a skygod that sold out few years back."but but.... well he shouldnt of called us a tool".... you guys are pathetic, i am getting an image of this puffy chest character, probably on the short side too, 5ft 7ish maybe with an angry wife who stays with him by a thread because he was so awesome to get into cathay. God forbid if she gets wind of this cadet business. Ok thats enough of my speculation lol just trying to get a wind up.