PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin on a go slow?
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 22:15
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
So what's the solution?
Not 100% sure so I asked what the experienced guys would do if they were head honcho for a few years, the only response to the question was

ASA needs a serious cleanout. I bull**** you not, I could fix it in 18 months. We all know what's wrong in this place, it's a yes man's paradise. The top dog doesn't want to know what's wrong and the 'ATC hate cell' in Canberra have control.
Thats a fair enough response but I'm not much into politics/management so I was hoping for more practical ideas that can be implemented.
Jacks comment
It's the communication process that is the problem.
is something I would look at.
How about looking at how ASA and the airlines communicate this info, and then (perhaps more critically) how that info then flows to the operators ie the controllers and the pilots. what is the current system? Is there one?
How about ASA management post a quarterly summary to controllers of the outcome of meetings with the airlines in conjuntion with a 'sign-on notice sheet' that describes any short notice changes coming from the airlines. An MOU with the airlines mandating that any profile changes are communicated to ASA with at least one weeks notice should give them time to get it into the 'sign-on notice sheet' for you guys.
Something simple like that.
For interests sake, when you guys sign on, are you also signing for having read the latest changes as published by ASA in any sort of 'sign-on notice sheet'? Like pilots do.
I know nothing about ASA so all of the above may be rubbish, would be interesting to see where the actual problem lies though.
Framer