PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2002, 09:08
InFinRetirement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have received a letter from my MP, Paul Burstow, MP for Sutton and Cheam, who has responded to the e-mails I have sent to him. He writes.

As you will know the House of Lords appointed a special Select Committee to re-examine the evidence surrounding the Chinook helicopter crash. The Committee came to the view that the verdict of the Board of Enquiry was flawed and that the finding of negligence against the pilots should be quashed.

My colleague, Menzies Campbell MP, Liberal Democrat Shadow Foreign Secretary continues to press the Government to reopen the enquiry and quash the negligence findings.

An injustice has been done and Ministers seem unwilling to even in the face of overwhelming evidence to act. I have sent copies of your e-mails to the Rt. Hon. Geoffrey Hoon MP, Secretary of State for Defence, asking him to look into the points that you have raised and to let me have his comments. I will write to you again when I receive a response.

Once again thank you for e-mailing me about this very important matter.

Signed, Paul Burstow.

It is good to know that he is active in the quest to absolve John and Rick from all blame.