PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2011, 16:50
3holelover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q regarding language:

Forgive my ignorance of French please, but is there different language used in French for "Pitching" up/down vs "climbing/descending"? The use of phrases such as "you're going up" and "you're going down", sounds (in the transcript) to me to have added to confusion.

Pj2;
There is a difference in FBW in the busses... The "feel" in your hand is simply spring pressure which won't change at all with speed, whereas in older, hydraulic and cable beasts, the control column and cables would actually change the force required to move them with speed. (through the "trim, feel and centering mechanisms") ...and I think (but can't seem to locate my books at the moment) still in the 777, while being the same FBW style electron flow output, the force req'd at the column is adjusted with speed... somehow (damn, where are those books!) force xducers(?) -or is it the backdrive actuators? (I can't remember, dangit. ...maybe I'm wrong about that )

In any case.... none of that changes how a human pilot would "feel" the changes in g acting on his body from his actions during a stall vs during an overspeed.